We went to watch the Prologue of The Tour yesterday. Main recollections:
- These guys go fast even when they’re warming up
- They corner faster then I’d dare
- They don’t seem to be going that fast, but then you notice how fast the chase car is going
- Did I mention fast yet?
- I would fall of a bike in 3 seconds if I tried to get in the streamlined position they do
- I love Americans, but it seems their tour operators only allow the irritating ones to visit London
- Half a million people watching makes it hard to get a good view
- Jumbotrons are cool
- £5 is too much to pay for a hamburger or hot dog from a stall, even if it’s a good one
- One of the worst jobs in London is that of the guys who patrol the Diana Memorial telling children not to have fun (you can sit with your feet in the water, but not paddle in it)
- Whoever designed a water feature that clearly intended to be paddled in by children was a moron
- Whoever decided that it couldn’t be paddled in seems to have forgotten the interests of the person it’s dedicated to
Going to see the rolling start of stage 1 today.